Subscribe in a Reader
This is the title page of our Electronic-Daily Journal for SI 2010. Each day a fellow will be selected to add an entry for the day.
The daily journal is a life long feature of Coalfield Writers summer institute. Each fellow will have the opportunity to contribute at least one entry to the daily journal. In the journal fellows can:
review and reflect on the day
make note of funny words, phrases, sentences
reflect about their personal experience
save an event for future memory.
There is no correct or incorrect way to do the entry. The thing to remember is that the Electronic Daily Journal will live for future TCs to read and enjoy.
To contribute to the E-Journal, follow these directions:
- Click Add Child Page.
- Type a Title in the Title Field.
- Type your daily reflection in the box labeled Body.
- Add your name as the author.
- When you have finished composing your reflection for the day, click Preview.
- Read your entry, make necessary corrections, then click Save.
Jazz up your reflection with a photograph:
- Click File Attachments toward the bottom of the page.
- Click the Browse tab.
- Find your image and double click it. (The image should already be sized for the web: no larger than 500 pixels in either direction. Use irfanview.com if you need a good, free image editor.)
- Double click the image.
- Click the Attach tab.
- Highlight and Copy the italicized text directly below the file file upload. It will begin with http://www.coalfieldwriters.org.
- Place your cursor at the beginning of your post and paste the text. Make sure no additional spaces were copy/pasted.
- At the beginning of the text you pasted in, type <img src="
- At the end of the text you pasted in, type ">
Jazz up your photograph placement:
To make your text flow to the right of your photo, add this code
align="left" vspace="10" hspace="10" like this:
<img align="left" vspace="10" hspace="10" src="your uploaded file location">.