Subscribe in a Reader
Using Word Press
Wordpress for Beginners
Get a Blog
During Summer Institute, you will get to know your blog. You will set it up as a 'Teacher Blog' to use with your students. Later, you may decide to make it a personal blog. Or you may want to keep this one and get another one to use as a family blog. Blogs are ubiquitous; let's test drive yours for the next few weeks. After that, forget about it or embrace it.
Ready? Here We Go
- Right click wordpress.com and open in a new window or tab.
- Click Sign up Now!
- Complete the username, password, and email address fields
- Check the Legal flotsam box
- Select Gimme a blog!
- Click Next
- Notice what your url will be.
- Change your username now if you don't like it.
Personalize the Blog
Congratulations! You are the proud owner of a weblog. There are two views: from your dashboard and from the blog. Practice navigating between the views. Now tell the world a bit about yourself:
- At the top left, under My Account, click on Edit Profile.
- Write a short, professional but not stuffy bio about yourself.
- Edit other fields if you desire.
- Click Update Profile
- Choose a Theme
This can be time consuming and can be done over and over, so don't over think it. Some people change their theme every week. Others pick one theme and never change it. Still others pick a theme that can be customized and dig into the code...